Friday 3 June 2011

It's Been a While

It's been over a month since I blogged. This is mainly because of my exams at uni. Although there was only three exams spread over two weeks, I spent those two weeks completely devoted to revision. When my exams were over, I pretty much moved into my boyfriend's flat for a bit of relaxation. We aren't together tonight, however, due to it being a scorching 24C in Manchester, and I don't think I can trek to his in this sweltering heat.

A lot has happened in the past month. My exams obviously, which I think went pretty well (hopefully). There was also the AU Ball, which was so good! Apart from when someone stole my mask from my table and ripped the feathers off it (students, pfft!).

I have also been catching up on my reading, and recently bought a book entitled Emotions Revealed: Understanding Faces and Feelings by Paul Ekman. Paul Ekman is a psychologist who studies emotions and facial expressions. His studies are the basis of Lie to Me, the TV show featuring Tim Roth. It's a fantastic TV show, which has sadly now been cancelled, and is what inspired me to buy Paul Ekman's book. So far, from what I've read, it's a really intriguing book, and would recommend it.

I discovered a Youtube channel called MarbleHornets, which is based around the tale of Slender Man. I don't really want to go into too much detail, because it will stop you sleeping at night, but although the videos posted on MarbleHornets's Youtube channel are supposedly tapes his friend gave him, it's fair to say that they are fake. The acting is poor, and this is the only clear evidence that the videos are faked. It's a good idea though, especially as the channel owner and his friend who filmed the tapes are supposedly film students at university in the USA. The channel itself has been about for over a year now, and the most recent video was uploaded only one week ago. It's a good watch, amusing in some parts, and intriguing in others, but be warned, it might make you a little paranoid, and I had to sleep with my lamp on for two nights running after I started watching.

I also went to see Avenue Q at The Lowry in Manchester with my boyfriend this week. I've never seen it before, even though I have heard and loved the songs from it since I was about 14. It was fantastic! It was my gift for Matt's 28th birthday, and he thoroughly enjoyed it. I was so happy that I'd finally got him a present he really enjoyed.


Today I bought a box of bleach and some violet hair dye in preparation for Beach Break Live, which begins on the 16th of June. I've wanted to dye my hair violet for over a year now and I've finally built up the courage to do it! I also got some new aubergine Hunter wellies and a tent for the festival. I'm starting to get really excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment