Sunday 5 June 2011

Coat Hangers

I forgot to mention that over the Easter holidays I got a new tattoo! I have specific morals when it comes to tattoos; always get something that means something to you, something that you're passionate about and have wanted for a while; and always get something that is easy to cover up when you get old and it becomes mis-shaped and faded. So I already have two other tattoos; one is a tiny outline of a heart on my wrist, and a large red rose on my right hip. I had wanted these tattoo's since I was about 14, and although I got them a few years ago now, I am still very happy with them both. Although my heart tattoo is noticeable on my wrist, it's only small and can still be hidden easily. I really love my rose tattoo, as it is really beautiful and only goes on show when I'm sunbathing or with my boyfriend.

So in the Easter holidays I decided to get a third tattoo, which is also well hidden. A coat hanger on the back of my neck! I got the inspiration from a photograph I saw when I was 17. I was researching fashion photography for my exam for AS Level photography, and came across the photograph you can see to the right. I forget the photographer's name, and unfortunately my Photography workbooks are back in Newcastle, but when I come across it, I will be sure to mention it. To me it symbolises two things; the first being that I study Fashion Marketing at university, and it shows my dedication and appreciation to the industry; the second being that I am blessed (however, it is sometimes a curse) with the ability to look good in almost anything, therefore, I myself am the personification of a coat hanger. I tried to put that in a way that wouldn't show me as vain. I am not a vain person, in the sense that I am not full of myself. I'm as self-conscious as the next person. I don't flourish with confidence all the time, but I have my moments where I feel particularly good about myself. The personification of me being a coat hanger came from my best friend, and urged me to go ahead with the tattoo.

1 comment:

  1. Very good written article. It will be supportive to anyone who utilizes it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing – can’r wait to read more posts. skip hire Basingstoke

    ReplyDelete